Google Drive is the suggestive choice for Android cloud storage with eminent accessibility. You can access it simply using your Google account or Gmail. You can save, view, and download video, images, PDF, and other file formats. Recently, it hides the download option for shared videos or files. Furthermore, you can download your files in some ways.
Senders have access to edit and comment; a few of them would give access to the sharer, but many do not. Suppose you try to download the video, but it won’t allow you. In addition, it suggests you get permission from the sender. However, there are some alternative ways to download videos without their access.
Three ways to download videos from Google Drive
- Dev- ‘Videoplayback’
- At Chrome Extension
- At other Websites
#1 Dev- ‘Videoplayback’
- Copy the URL of the video from Google Drive.
- Open Chrome Browser and paste the link, at the right top you will have three dots. Choose open in New Tab.
- Now your video is played on the New tab. Kindly pause the video and go to the taskbar and you will find three dots at the top right corner.
- Choose more tools there you will find Developer tools or Ctrl+shift+C is the short form to open the Dev tools.
- There you will find a list of options in which you have to choose ‘Videoplayback’ or else search it in the search bar.
- Double tap on the URL and it will take you to a new tab.
- At the edge of the video, you find the download option. Click it to download the video to your internal storage.
#2 At Chrome Extension
- Download Chrome Extension and merge it into your Chrome Browser.
- In the Chrome Web Store, use the search bar to find extensions related to Google Drive(like Video Downloader Pro)
- For more reference Browse through the search results, read reviews, and check the details of each extension.
- When you play the video file in your Google Drive automatically, it is notified by the Chrome Extension.
- So you can move to the Chrome Extension and start downloading your files.
#3 Third-Party Websites
- Finally, if you are not satisfied or could download the video through Chrome, you must use a third-party website to download it.
- Open Chrome and search for “Google Drive video download online” services you will get a lot of websites(like bytesbin).
- Analyze its terms and conditions and choose the website that suits your requirements.
- There will be a search bar on the website, copy the URL of the video and give a download.
- You can find the file that gets downloaded in your Chrome downloads.
- Make sure to re-check the security of the websites several times. Think twice to give access to your Google Drive. This method is not always preferable.
If you have very high concerns about security you could prefer to ask access from the Sender and can directly download the videos. If not you can use the above alternative methods to download your video.
Three ways to download videos from Google Drive :
Dev- ‘Videoplayback’, At Chrome Extension, and other Websites.
It is probably not advisable in this case, if you have very high concerns about your safety you could prefer to ask for access from the Sender and can directly download the videos. If not you can use the above alternative methods to download your video.